Thursday, March 6, 2014

Excuses, Excuses...

Wow, what a winter in Iowa this year. I can not believe that it's been since October since I've updated the blog, but the reality is that not too much has happened over the winter.
 
My grand plan of getting buttoned up and in before the snow flies actually flew out the window in October. Shortly after my last post I tore some ligaments in my right elbow. I actually attempted to work with the injury as I was not aware of how bad it was.
 
Needless to say I was in physical therapy all winter. I only have one more session and I think I will be good to go. But it has become obvious to me that I will need to get some help with some of the heavy lifting as I can not afford to get another injury like this last one.
 
So, my plans for living in the tiny house with the kids through the winter did not come to fruition. My land lease is up in June so my thought is rather than finish building it on site where it is now I should move it to where it will be residing for the foreseeable future, then finish it.
 
So I am in the market again for the perfect tiny house parking space. It can not be within city limits as the minimum footprint required by local ordinance/zoning is 1,000 sq. ft. in Fairfield. Luckily there are a few options here as there are some tiny house communities cropping up around the outlying areas. I have made some phone calls and had some conversations and believe that a solution will present itself within the next few weeks by the time we get the thaw we have all been looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Julie :) It is a very exciting time for us and it IS a process. Once the tiny house is finished and we are moved in we will be inviting everyone over for an open house. It will be fun to meet some of the people that have been "virtually" with us along this journey as well as sharing space with some of the special people that have helped raise walls and hammer a few nails... hopefully mid-spring. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete